
This last weekend I took my parents to our family renunion. The Johnson family has been doing this every year for the past 39 years! The best part is that everybody camps outside!

It rained almost the whole weekend though, but I didn't mind one bit! All you need is a good pair of rain boots and a couple puddles to entertain yourself for hours (the muddier the better).

Apparently it is not normal behavior to submerge oneself in the mud puddles. No one informed me of this before I sat down and proceeded to splash all around, I kind of wondered why all the adults kept looking at me and laughing.

Testing out the rain boots! It turns out when they get all full of water that they are really heavy and your feet slosh around - which makes it hard to walk.

But if you pick up your knees high enough when walking it will help you balance out the sloshiness. It also makes some pretty cool sounds.

You would never believe what I came across hiding in the
mighty depths of this stream.

A stick! Yup, perfect for walking, hitting things, more splashing, and just about anything else a stick is good for.

Here we are as young disciples, sitting under the great
marshmallow roasting master, learning the ways of the golden brown
marshmallow
Roasted to perfection!

Eva was even kind enough to share her
smore with me, she's such a great cousin.

I WANT YOU to go camping.
Ok, so maybe I'm not an uncle yet, but if you have just half of the fun I had camping, you won't regret it, I promise!
4 Comments:
SAM... it looks like you are a master at camping! Sloshiness and wet diaper - that is a combination to be forged only by the highly skilled campers! Way to be so strong!!!
It looks like a traditional camp out - rain! I bet you guys had a blast and now you're adults remembering how it was when you were kids. Hey, would you send me a copy of the picture with Daryl and Sam roasting marshmellows. I think my folks would get a kick out of it.
Aunt Lori
I was wondering when you were finally going to update. Seriously, you are going to need to work on this before the next child arrives. =) Love you!
Oh my goodnes...he's so stinkin' cute! I wish I could've been there.
Congrats on your baby girl. Can't wait to see pictures. I hope you're all doing well.
Post a Comment
<< Home